Wednesday, May 4, 2016

CD Voyage A-2 AC/DC

AC/DC - Back in Black (1980)  

Background:
Acdc backinblack cover.jpgI don't think I'd ever listened to an entire AC/DC album before.  I've heard quite a bit of AC/DC, especially having worked on the air at some Classic Rock stations, but I'd probably never heard more than maybe 3 in a row during some kind of Rock Block weekend.  This CD belongs to my husband.

CD Thoughts:
If I'm going to listen to an entire AC/DC album, this is probably the one.  It's their best-known album, and has sold around 50 million copies.  Some of my favorite artists have said this is one of their favorites.  And even we soft rock loving gals need to rattle the windows sometimes.  I laughed (with the band) at a lot of the lyrics.  And even though it's a pretty average length album, it seemed short to me, which is good.  I'll have to see if Garland has any of their vinyl, because we don't have any other CDs.

Takeaway:
I did enjoy listening to this CD quite a bit.  Obviously, I already knew some of the cuts, especially "Back in Black" and "You Shook Me All Night Long."  These guys know what they stand for.  Getting some, drinking some, and rocking some.


No comments:

Post a Comment