Tuesday, May 3, 2016

CD voyage A-1 ABBA

ABBA - Gold (1992)

Background:

This one is mine, of course.  Why?  Because it's ABBA, of course!

Image result for abba gold cdCD Thoughts:

Well, it's pretty hard to go wrong with this.  Every song wasn't a big hit in the USA, and I could lose a few, plus it's inexplicably missing "I Do, I Do, I Do, I Do, I Do" and "Honey, Honey", but still, it's a lot of fun.  I sing along with most of the songs, especially "Dancing Queen", "The Winner Takes It All" and "Waterloo," which is probably my favorite from ABBA.  I spend a lot of the time listening to this CD wishing "Mamma Mia" was available to community theaters.  I know too many talented people to think I'd be cast in one of the three main roles, but it's fun to dream.  I think I'd like to be the cougar-y character (I've forgotten her name), the one who sings "Does Your Mother Know." I'm getting too old for those roles anyway, but hey, Meryl Streep was older than I am when she did the movie. But then, she's Meryl Streep and she can do ANYTHING.  I really like "One of Us", a song I'd never heard before I bought this CD.  It's sad and lovely.

Takeaway:

It's ABBA.  It's fun, it sounds good, I like it, and I've listened to it quite a bit.

CD Journey #1

No comments:

Post a Comment